What is Hydra-Dermabrasion?
A Hydradermabrasion is a non-invasive skin treatment that uses patented technology to cleanse, extract, as well as hydrate skin. The result is younger-looking, glowing, healthier skin.
The Hydradermabrasion treatment has become one of the most popular facial treatments today. According to a recent study, a HydraFacial is performed every 15 seconds, somewhere in the world.
“The treatment has become extremely popular because it has virtually no downtime and can improve skin glow, hydration, and radiance in just 30 minutes,” says Joshua Zeichner, MD, director of cosmetic and clinical research in dermatology at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City.
The best part is that Hydrafacial is absolutely safe and can be performed on almost all skin types.
“This treatment is nice for teenagers with acne, adults with pimples, wrinkles, and hyper-pigmentation, and for older patients with sun damage and even flaky pre-cancerous spots (as part of more serious treatments),” says Dr. Ellen Marmur, New York City-based dermatologist and founder of Marmur Metamorphosis. “Although beneficial to many skin types, those with active rashes, sunburns, or rosacea, along with pregnant patients, should abstain from this treatment,” adds Dr. Marmur.
There are mainly three steps in the treatment.
Frequently asked questions
No, Hydradermabrasion is virtually painless. There is no pinching, needling, or abrasion. In fact, many clients find this facial relaxing as well as enjoyable.
You are an ideal candidate for Hydradermabrasion if you have:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne-prone skin
- Enlarged and congested pores
- Excessively oily skin
You may not be an ideal candidate for Hydradermabrasion if:
- you have sunburn
- you have active rashes
- you have rosacea
- you are currently taking Accutane
- you are pregnant
Hydradermabrasion is a quick and simple treatment. The entire procedure takes no more than thirty minutes.
No, there is no downtime associated with this treatment. You will be able to return to your normal activities right after the facial.
You may see noticeable skin improvements after just one treatment. However, the treatment is not a quick fix. In order to get maximum results, you should get a HydraFacial treatment every four to six weeks.
Yes, Hydradermabrasion is absolutely safe for most people if performed by a certified esthetician.
Usually, this treatment does not come with any serious side effects.
Some people experience temporary redness and tightness in the treated area but that is short-lived.
- HydraFacial treatment can help minimize the appearance of discoloration or brown spots.
- The treatment can also help you reduce the appearance of your fine lines and wrinkles.
- You will get younger-looking, glowing, healthier skin with this treatment.
- The treatment is absolutely safe.
- It can be performed on almost all skin types.
- It is virtually painless.
- You will also get rid of enlarged pores with this treatment.
- The general price range of Hydradermabrasion usually depends on your location and can range anywhere from $150-$300 per session.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure for at least 72 hours post treatment.
- Never forget to wear sunscreen!
- Although it is fine to apply makeup immediately after the treatment, it is better to give your skin a break for the rest of the day.
- Avoid excess heat (intense cardio, hot showers and sauna) for at least 24 hours after treatment.
- Do not pick at your skin.
- Avoid exfoliating treatments for at least three days.