LIP BLUSHING FAQ’S
WHAT IS LIP BLUSHING?
It is a lip tattoo that enhances and defines your lips. It can help enhance and even out natural color, or add color if you are lacking any pigment. Your lips will look darker and more like lipstick on the first day, and soften as they heal to become a subtle, natural looking lip tint. Apply a little gloss or balm and your lips are perfectly kissable!
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
Results will always vary from person to person, after your initial session and the touch up, your results should last between 2-5 years. Additional touch ups may be required depending on the person and look desired. Permanent makeup ink is not the same as body art ink, and by design it does not last as long as body art ink.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- There will be moderate swelling, redness and bruising for the first 5 days.
- Apply a Ziploc bag filled with water and ice for no more than 15 minutes at a time to reduce swelling.
- During the initial healing period, there should be minimal scabbing or flaking of the skin. If there is scabbing or flaking, do not pick, and allow the scab or dry skin to come off on its own or you risk losing pigment in that area.
- Expect the color to eventually lighten by up to 40% once the healing process is complete.
- Color may appear uneven at different stages of healing. Be patient. This is a process that does not yield immediate results.
DOES LIP BLUSHING HURT?
Pain levels vary from person to person. Strong medical grade topical anesthetic cream is used before and during your procedure to keep you as pain free as possible.
HOW LONG DOES THE PROCEDURE TAKE AND WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
The procedure takes about 2 or more hours. The consolation and prep work take a good portion of that time. After we have addressed any concerns you may have I will drawn out a shape. Once we are both happy I will apply numbing cream for 20-30 mins then we will start the process. During that time the non toxic ink can get in your mouth which doesn’t taste the best, but is digestible and non toxic.
WILL I STILL HAVE TO WEAR LIPSTICK? CAN OTHER COLORS STILL LOOK THE SAME ON TOP?
This is up to the look each individual is trying to achieve. The colors I tattoo with are natural and intended to look very natural. We can certainly enhance your natural color or add color if your lacking, or add a specific tint that your looking for, but it remains soft and natural. That way when you do decide to change it up and want to wear lipstick it will still look great over top, and can cover you tattoo with whatever color you decide to use.
CAN LIP BLUSHING BE DONE ON ANYONE/ EVERYONE?
Lip blushing is not for everyone. Please read the contraindications carefully. If any of the following apply to you, this procedure is not recommended.
If you have previous cosmetic lip tattooing, send an email (before booking!!) with a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are a smoker (pigment may not retain properly, colors may distort). …If you have a history of MRSA
- You have psoriasis in the treatment area.
- You have an auto-immune disease.
- You have thyroid/graves disease (medication may cause pigment to not retain properly).
- You have anemia (pigment may not retain properly).
- You have a history of keloid or hypertrophic scarring.
- You are currently undergoing chemotherapy.
- You are pregnant or nursing. (You cannot have this service. No exceptions.)
- You have Diabetes type 1 or 2 (due to slow healing and infection, color may or may not retain well).
- If you are under a doctor’s care and have questions at ALL about being able to have this procedure, it is your responsibility to meet with your doctor and get written approval.
- If you are prone to cold sores, please see instructions below.
** Please note that if none of the above apply, lip blushing still cannot be guaranteed. This is a cosmetic tattooing procedure, the skin can be unpredictable. Generally, results are successful, however, due to skin type, healing or bleeding during procedure, results can differ** This is why its imperative you follow POST Procedure Instructions.
If you are prone to cold sores, lip tattooing can cause outbreaks, which can result in loss of pigment. We ask that our clients take their prescribed anti-viral medication starting 48 hours prior to their appointment and after the procedure to prevent outbreak. You can still have lip blushing done we just want to ensure you get the best results possible. Consult with your doctor for any additional questions. If you have an outbreak, or any other type of scratch/acne we ask that you reschedule your appointment as soon as possible. If you show up with any type of outbreak your appointment is considered canceled and you forfeit your deposit.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR MY LIP BLUSHING SESSION? BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT:
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oils, vitamin E, niacin, or drink excessive alcohol at least 48 hours prior to and after your procedure.
- Do not take any prescription blood thinners at least 48 hours prior to and after your procedure.
- Discontinue any vitamin A skin care products (Retin-A, retinols) close to the enhancement area at least two weeks prior to your procedure. I recommend not using these products over the tattooed area after you receive your cosmetic tattoo. It could cause fading and distortion of color.
- Discontinue use of AHA (chemical exfoliation) skin care products close to the area to be tattooed at least one week prior to your procedure.
- No laser or electrolysis on or around the treatment area one week prior to procedure.
- No Botox or fillers in the procedure area 4 weeks prior to your appointment and please wait 4 weeks after your procedure for fillers or Botox in that area.
- Plan trips or events a minimum of 14 days after the procedure.
- Omit caffeine the day of your appointment.
- Do not have any chemical peels, dermabrasions, mesotherapy, or any other intense treatments which will cause faster skin cell rejuvenating and cause skin irritation 3-4 weeks before procedure.
- If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least one year before considering this procedure.
- It is highly recommended that you avoid SUN and TANNING BED exposure for 30 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or a sunburn, you will need to reschedule and will forfeit your booking fee. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the pigment with it.
- Bring in your favorite lip color if you have a specific color your wanting to achieve
- If you have existing cosmetic tattooing you need to contact me BEFORE booking your appointment.
A non refundable/transferable deposit is required to book this appointment so please make sure none of the contraindications above apply to you.
If you don’t take into account these instructions and we need to cancel your appointment day of, you will forfeit your deposit, if you need to reschedule please do so a minimum of 48 hours prior to your appointment or you will be charged a rescheduling fee.
WATCH FOR INTRODUCTORY PRICING ON THIS WEBSITE, FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM